Definition of Migraine
Normally a migraine is severe headache that usually comes with vomiting, nausea and sensitivity to light. It may be last hour or days. Migraine doesn’t mean headache but also causes of some neurological symptoms.
History of Migraine
The word of migraine invented from Greek word “ Hamicrania”. This refers one side pain of head. Experts say that this is one kind of neurovascular disorder.
Symptoms of Migraine
Migraine can be different from man to man. It can be comes in stages in the people. These stages may be included as like below:
A bit of hours or days before a headache, around 60% of people who have migraines can be notified by following symptoms:
- With bloating
- Gloomy mood
- Existence sensitive to light, sound or smell
- Harsh thirst
- Lack of appetite and food cravings
- Convulsion or diarrhea
A migraine headache usually start as a slowly and grows into throbbing ache. Basically, it gets worse during physical movement. This migraine pain can move one side to other of head. Even it can be the front of head or can feel like it is infecting whole head. Approximately 80% of people can feel nausea along with headache and about 50% of this vomit. Also anyone may be senseless or feel clammy. In case of migraine headache most of time it lasting about four hours, even severe headache can be reached three days. A migraine headache may be comes two or three times in a month usually. But someone can be affected with migraine headache every few days, while others may be affected once or two times in every year.
Aura or ambience stem from someone nervous structure and maximum time involve in vision. These symptoms start gradually and take 5 to 20 minutes period, and stay not more than one hour. Someone may as like:
- Feel ringing sound in ears
- May be changed in taste, smell and touch
- Can’t able to speak clearly
- Feeling weighty in arms and legs
- Creating tunnel vision in eyes
- Not be capable to see at all
- Feeling tingling or numbness one side of body
- See wavy lines or dots or sparking of lights
- Unusually refreshed or happy in mind of someone
- Feeling weakness and muscle pain in the body
- Feeling tried, peculiar and polish.
Causes of migraine
There are many reasons behind this. Many doctors doesn’t know actual causes of migraine headache, although it’s related to changes anyone’s brain or genes. Parents can reduce migraine triggers such as – bright light, weather or temperature up down also fatigue.
Scientists have been thinking that migraine headache caused by blood flow in brain. Many of them think this can play to the pain but is not what actual it.
But now it is say that a migraine mostly comes when full active nerve cells transmit out signals that trigger someone trigeminal nerve, which provides sensation to head and face. It indicates to you for out pass some chemicals like serotonin and calcitonin gene-type peptide from your body. Blood vessels of brain swell can be lining by CGRP. For that it makes neurotransmitters make inflammation and pain.
Risk factors of migraine
The migraine foundation of America says that about 38 million American face migraine headache. Some factors may find behind these:
- Women may be affected a migraine headache three times than men.
- Most of the people may be affected between ages 10-40.
- It has a family history. Four out of Five people who have migraine get it from their other family member. If one parent has this headache history then child have to chance for getting it 50%. In case of both parent the possibility of getting migraine for child is 75%.
- Besides these, anxiety, depression, disarray of sleep and bipolar disarray can raise one’s oddness.
Harm of migraine
- It can make hormone changes. During period or pregnancy time or ovulating many women noticed that they have headache. In case of birth control that uses hormone, menopause or hormone replacement therapy these symptoms can be added.
- When someone on stress, at that time brain pass out chemicals that can causes of blood vessels changes. As a result it can lead to a migraine headache.
- Some foods and drinks cause of migraine headache such as alcohol, meat, snakes, junk foodand taking too much caffeine etc.
- Frequently weather change also cause of migraine headache.
- Taking tobacco may be liable for migraine headache.
Types of migraine
Migraine may differ from man to man. We can find several types of migraines. Mainly we can find two types of migraines like aura which is called classic migraines and another is migraines without aura which is called common migraines.
Other types of migraine are:
- During women’s period we can find one type of migraines which is called menstrual migraines.
- Someone who have balance problem, vomiting, nausea and with or without headache this is called vestibular migraine. These types mainly occur among the people who have a record of motion sickness.
- Many don’t know about abdominal migraines. It is mainly liable for stomach pain, vomiting and nausea. Maximum case it happens in children and turn to classical migraines in overtime.
- One can be affected paralysis or weakness on one side of body for a short time. Someone may also feel vision change, numbness and dizziness which are called hemiplegic migraines. These causes of sign of stroke, take a medical help right now.
- Ocular or retinal migraines is also known as ophthalmic migraine. One eye maybe short-live, partial or total loss of vision by caused of ophthalmic migraines, even dull ache behind the eye. If you feel any change of vision you may go a doctor or take medical diagnostics.
- Another migraines is known also brainstem aura. Before migraines headache some symptoms can be happened such as-confusion, loss of balance or dizziness. Someone back of head may be affected by this pain. Such types of symptoms usually come suddenly and make imbalanceof speaking, vomiting or ringing in ears. Hormone change is strongly linked with this type of migraines and badly affects young adult women. If anyone gets these types of symptoms he or she should go for medical checkup or see a doctor.
- We can find another type of migraines which is called silent migraines. It is known to us acephalgic migraine. Someone gets aura symptoms without a headache.
Repetition of migraine
Experts divide migraine into three level of density. We can find one kind of migraine with now and then headache which is called episodic migraine. High level frequency migraine means that someone gets it 8-14 days in every month which is called high frequency episodic migraine. But this condition makes one long time chronic migraine than the others. Usually this chronic pain sustain in someone more than 15 days of month and 8 of those days have migraine features as like as below :
- When one moves then pain gets severe
- Feeling nausea or vomiting
- Someone is sensitive to light and sound
- Develop to increase in head pain
- Pain can be created one side in head
Migraine comes time to time about 12% of Americans but only one-third of those get chronic pain. Someone goes to disabling condition due to chronic pain and high frequency episodic migraine. That’s you have to make a treatment plan with a doctor.
Are migraines fatal disease?
Most of migraines do not reason for long harm. It is rarely, one can feel a complication which are called migrainous infraction. Having migraine of one he or she can be affected in stroke. But it has no strong evidence that migraine can causes of stroke. It is too much rare, but a hemiplegic migraine moves to a coma or other fatal disease rarely. You can catch some harmful symptoms like a stroke or aneurysm due suddenly migraine headache. Take medical support right now if this happens.
When call to a doctor
Taking support of a doctor at any time if a headache does not go away or come again. If get a headache, vomiting, fever, weakness or numbness you should need help of health provider right now or go to an emergency medical team.
Diagnosis of migraine
During diagnosis or medical support a doctor ask your health history or symptoms of migraine. A short diary or list of your symptoms or any trigger which you found will help you much. Note down:
- What types of symptoms you feel including where these attack
- How many times you feel them
- How long they stay
- Your family members or dear one who have migraines
- Your medication chart or list what you take
A doctor may suggest you taking some pathological test that could reason symptoms, including:
- Firstly blood test in group wise
- Then urine test
- Some imaging test like CT scan or MRI
- ECG or EEG
Treatment and home remedies of migraine
- Taking some pain relief medicine by helping a registered doctor
- If anyone has nausea with a migraine a doctor can prescribe nausea medicine
- Triptans can help remain balance of chemical in your brain
- Ergotamine also work best the chemicals of someone brain
- Lasmiditan is also another best medication of migraine. This drug cans relief pain and eases nausea or sensitivity to light or sound.
Some home remedies
Someone may relax from migraine symptoms by following:
- Taking a rest with eyes closed in dark or quiet area
- Taking drink or liquids plenty
- On forehead you can take a cool compress or an ice pack
Instead of traditional medical treatment some people uses therapies for getting relief from migraine. Usually these are known to us complementary or alternative treatment. They are below:
- Biofeedback is one of them. It helps someone take notice a stressful situation that may trigger migraine symptoms. When a migraine headache start slowly, biofeedback make a barrier from the attack of sever migraine headache.
- Through a cognitive therapy a specialist make you prepare which way action or thoughts affect how someone sense pain.
- Medical experts say that some mineral, herbal and vitamins can prevent or soothe a migraine headache
- Some physical treatment like massage, chiropractic, acupressure and craniosacral can soothe a migraine symptoms.
If you want to take complementary and alternative treatment you should consult with a registered doctor.
Prevention against migraine:
You may take some prevention against migraine. These areincluding:
- Taking sleep at least 6-8 hours a day
- Drink lots liquid
- Take your meal in a regular schedule
- Take plenty of rest regularly
- Body exercise needed everyday
- Need relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and mindful breathing.
Anybody can take some new devices which also prevent migraines. A headband-like gadget that transmits electrical pulses through the skin of forehead is called Cefaly. Cefaly may affect someone trigeminal nerve that is connects with migraine headache. Someone can use this device once a day for twenty minutes. After switch on this device somebody will feel vibrating or massaging agitation. It transmits mild electrical signal to the fibers of the vagus for relieving migraine pain and prevention.